Friday, June 4, 2010

Squish burn and updating arena gear

Look at what I got this week!

To quote our disc priest Heidilux, I say "Booyah!" Heid and Shat are good on educating us on Ohio street talk, with Heid throwing in a "way laid" after coming back from an afk, while Shat referred to something at "teice". I'm still not sure what they mean though. Hmmm.

Anyways, in terms of arena this season, I pretty much stopped doing 2v2 and 3v3 months ago, in favor of 5v5. As our first full season in 5v5, a 1500 rating was a goal that I wanted us to reach. I'm not exactly sure if I thought we'd make it, but here we are sitting as a team at 1565. Heck, let's see if we can push to 1700!

I'm not sure though how much more time we have. Season 8 started on February 2 and if the recent history of seasons running 18-20 weeks holds true, we are close to the end of the season. We are currently in week 18, so I am guessing Season 8 will come to a close by the end of this month. I am also optimistic that we will get the
Challenger achievement for being in the top 10-35% of 5v5 teams within our Emberstorm battlegroup.

Now I know that we are far from some top 2000+ rated 5v5 team, but one thing that is interesting about our team is that we have sorta brought the players, not the classes. What do I mean by this, well we have quite the unique team makeup. The 8 toons that are rotated in are resto druid, ret pally, two disc priests, shadow priest, elemental shammy, and two frost mages.

I think I've mentioned before that its not uncommon for us to run with 3 healers, myself and two disc priests. Having two mana burns at your disposal is amazing. Heck when Nikolai is with us on his shadow priest, we have 3! And yes, our team is squishier than most, and we don't have a ton of CC at our disposal. But somehow we've made it work with the classes that we brought to the table.

You know how people have nicknames for team compositions, like Beast cleave? Well, we have affectionately called our composition Squish burn. Because we are squishy, but we have the mana burn! Fear the burn! Anyways, so my pvp gear is now rated higher than my pve gear. And can I just say going into a regular battleground as a tree with arena gear on makes me feel very OP. :)

In terms of resilience, I've chosen to sit right around 1200 resilience. The cap I hear is currently 1415, but I don't know if there really is a need to get that high. Perhaps if you are constantly the first one targeted? Anyways, with 1200 resilience, I have chosen to equip a pve ring and trinket to up my spell power so I can keep people up against bursty teams.

Now as some of my team members get their ratings up and are able to get rating required pieces, I have to look up what they are able to get every single time. So for them, and for any of you wanting to update your pvp gear, here's a list. I'll list the gear category for each section, but will only specifically link the resto druid piece here, because um hello, where are we?

I. Pieces that require only honor or marks (aka, farm honor and go pick these up you lazy ass!):

1. Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak with 52,200 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Deliverance

2. Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant with 52,200 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Deliverance

3. Wrathful Gladiator's Band for 52,200 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Dominance

4. Wrathful Gladiator's Armwraps for 43,400 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Armwraps of Salvation

5. Medallion of the Alliance for 68,200 honor - Medallion of the Alliance

6. Titan Forged Spaulders for 40 Wintergrasp marks - Titan-Forged Spaulders of Salvation

II. Pieces that require rating

1. At 1300 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Belt for 68,200 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Belt of Salvation

2. At 1400 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Boots for 68,200 honor - Wrathful Gladiator's Boots of Salvation

3. At 1400 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Gloves for 1430 arena points - Wrathful Gladiator's Kodohide Gloves

4. At 1500 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Legguards for 2370 arena points - Wrathful Gladiator's Kodohide Legguards

5. At 1600 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Robes for 2370 arena points - Wrathful Gladiator's Kodohide Robes

6. At 1800 rating: Arena weapons

7. At 1950 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Helm for 2370 arena points - Wrathful Gladiator's Kodohide Helm

8. At 2000 rating: Wrathful Gladiator's Spaulders for 1930 arena points - Wrathful Gladiator's Kodohide Spaulders

I am hoping that I pick up enough arena points to get the Wrathful legguards upgrade next week. And don't forget that you can pick up the level 251 Relentless pieces for your class set until you achieve the ratings and arena points to pick up the Wrathful pieces. The Relentless helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, and legguards range from requiring 8000-13200 honor along with 440 to 770 arena points.

No comments:

Post a Comment