Friday, November 21, 2008

Tons of screenshots, a staff decision, and welcome back Healing Touch

Well we went back to Ahn'kahet with everyone one level higher than the first time. I think the first time we were 71s and 72s, this last time we were 72s and 73s. So taking down Jedoga's minions before they hit the circle was very easy.

A screenshot with the our elephant/squid friend Herald Volazj

Now that we finished the two Dragonblight instances, we decided to try Drak'Tharon Keep, an instance rated 74-76. Our group was level 73 and 74, but it was again not too bad at all. The only group wipe we had was on the second boss Novos the Summoner. We went in blind again, and didn't realize that you have to wait for the adds and take them down first to break down his shield. All the other bosses were one shot.

Now I picked up two pieces in Drak'Tharon, Scytheclaw Boots and Staff of the Great Reptile. Now the 81 spirit on this new staff just makes me drool. But let's look at what I picked up in Azjol-Nerub, Life-Staff of the Web Lair. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. 75 intellect is nothing to sneeze at... and while I typically don't care about haste too much, I find that my healing style has changed. I'm still just doing 5 mans, so maybe it'll be different in raids, but I find that I am using Healing Touch a lot more than I used to. I guess the right answer would be to keep both for different purposes, but if you had to pick one staff, which would you go with?

Anyways, more screenshots from Drak'Tharon.

The pretty view up on the last boss Prophet Tharon'ja's terrace.

After we were done, Atania insisted that we needed to do some more bonding by doing the hilarious outhouse quest together in Grizzly Hills. It was kind of creepy that the rest of us were sitting outside while each of us went in. I mean we're close, but this was just a little too close maybe? Here's Vel getting ready to step in.

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh. Nom nom...mmmm, Night Elf with a bit of spicy fire mage.

    Doing these new 5-mans without any research has been quite a bit of fun.

    "Hey, is that a boss?"

    "Hmmm. Dunno. Maybe."

    "What should we do?"

    "Let's try to kill it and see what happens."

    ReplyDelete