Friday, December 2, 2011

Left Claw and DS Tier 13

Last night was our first foray into Dragon Soul. I forgot to take any killshot screenshots. So here is one of my typical recreations:

Lets go around and explain. In the bottom left corner, there's warrior Jess. He's showed up as a good raid leader with raid notes! He's so cute when he goes, "hold on, I have notes". In the other hand he is reminding himself 2-2-2, which is apparently a hard number for high end mathematicians to remember. Continuing counter-clockwise we have Violent. Nothing has changed for our guild from Tier 12 to 13. The lucky bastard came out with 2 leatherworking patterns and two drops.

Next we have Nikolai who spent the better part of the raid thinking naughty thoughts about an old Czech tank friend of ours. Then we have Lorosia who has his new Holy Radiance spell but is confused with his less than half mana bar, something he has never seen before. Welcome to my world friend, welcome to my world. Next up is our friend Bubblehunter who is being all zen like and trying to meditate so he doesn't lose it on Zon'ozz like he did with his guild.

Then we have our two mages who are now both fire. The two of them got our first two Tier 13 pieces off Yor'sahj and Zon'ozz. Next is our friend Isaiah who healed for us as disc and holy. There he is with his full mana bar (disclaimer: I didn't actually check but am just assuming it was). Thus he has taken over dispelling duty from Lorosia. Then there is Chanti with his shiny new shield.

Finally there is me, back to wearing a pretty dress again. Yay! I am also holding a cookie. Why? Well, during our successful Zon'ozz kill at one point I had to blow tranquility before the group up phase. Here was the ensuing conversation:

K: I had to blow my cooldown to get us to this point.
Jess: Do you want a cookie?
K: I'm just saying, so the other two healers need to blow their cooldowns here!

So yes, there is me with my cookie, which is actually the same size as Chanti's new shield. That's one large cookie! Mmm reenactment killshot is not to scale.

Anyways, so overall thoughts? In 2.5 hours we killed 3 bosses. We went to see the fourth but ran out of time. I had read earlier in the week how quickly people were killing things, but I wasn't sure how that would translate to a guild like ours. As a casual 5 hour a week raiding guild who only ended up doing heroic Shannox in FL, I expect us to be 4/8 come Sunday night. Seriously? What the heck are we supposed to be doing the rest of the expansion?

In druidy news, I prepared myself for mana by taking 3 points in Furor and I went back to equip the spirit trinket from Tol Barad. I didn't find myself sucking as dry on mana as I expected. So perhaps I'll go back to another trinket. We'll see. Oh and I ended up getting the shiny necklace off Morchok (who my guildies decided is pronounced with a silent H).

3 comments:

  1. Poor judging. I was still doing it by accident, too. Plus, I need to step up my usage of the new Holy Radiance when we're grouped up - I'm still used to it having a CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K said: "Then we have Lorosia who has his new Holy Radiance spell but is confused with his less than half mana bar, something he has never seen before. Welcome to my world friend, welcome to my world".

    It is a telling thing that I time MTT to K's mana bar (hitting it at 65-75% and then on cool-down afterwards) than my own. It's K's world, folks... we all just live in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I wasn't the only one who had to draw kill pics for the new instance! I love your giant cookie :D

    ReplyDelete