Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Preparing for another clawcon

I have a post brewing about why Alliance are so f'in horrible in Eye of the Storm, but that is a post for another day. I need to take medication before I write that post because it gets me so heated up. It's a good thing I don't have blood pressure issues.

Anyways. In happier news, we are preparing for another Clawcon, hosted by yours truly in Seattle this upcoming weekend. It's going to be a smaller Clawcon this year, as a number of folks who live elsewhere weren't able to fly out this year.

I was planning on getting one of the attendees a gift, a real toy bow and arrow with a gift tag:



The story behind this? Our hunter friend Bubble has come with us to kill Deathwing for months now. Months! And not once has the bow dropped for him. Week after week, no bow. It became somewhat of a sad joke. But on Sunday night, finally after 43 Deathwing kills, Bubble got his bow!

I'm super happy for him that he finally got his bow, but I was looking forward to his real life reaction this weekend when I presented him with this gift.

Otherwise I'm planning the meals for this weekend. We're curious to see how much Jess and I can feed Nkm (that gnome can chow down!) and whether we can tie him down to make him eat a salad with fruit and nuts. Salad with pears and walnuts and gorgonzola? Yummers!

So it'll probably be a pretty chill Clawcon, with plans for grilling on my rooftop overlooking the sound. And I'm sure the boys will get some drinking in there as well. We're planning on driving up to Bellingham on Saturday to do some sightseeing as well as visiting Atania.

I'm sure there will be a lot of WoW references into the real life events of the weekend, as well as WoW related puns. Hooray puns! I also have some things around the condo that I need to get Jess to fix. Come on, what else is a WoW hubby good for?

2 comments:

  1. How are you liking Seattle?

    I live about 30 minutes south of Seattle, and must say that summers are awesome, but the rest of the year is too rainy.

    Enjoy clawcon! Always nice to catch up with friends in real life as opposed to over vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darraxus! I'm enjoying the summer here, especially now that I'm not traveling for a bit! Didn't realize you were so close!

    ReplyDelete