Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Year... a New WOW?

Happy 2008 everyone! Hmmm, a new year comes with many people thinking about new year resolutions. So how could typical new year resolutions be interpreted into WOW resolutions?

1. Typical new year resolution = become more social, go out more. WOW translation = pug more.
So as a well geared tank and healer, Jess and I should be running a lot more instances, even heroics, than we are. The last couple of months have been pretty slow as a number of regular guildies and friends have been away for a while. I don't know why we are so apprehensive about running more pugs. At the very least we should be running them together. We did a pug the other day of Slabs with a warlock and shadow priest. Let me just say shadow priests rock. It has made me want to level my baby level 14 priest.

2. Typical new year resolution = be more understanding, think of what it'd be like to be in someone else's shoes. WOW translation = try a completely opposite class.
I wonder whether I would be a better healer if I really knew how it was to tank, or what it is like to play a rogue or a mage. My alts are all healers, my before mentioned level 14 priest, as well as a shammy and pally who are around level 8 or 10. I wonder what it is about me (perhaps this will be a future blog post) that pushes me to healing. But I wonder if I would be a better healer by seeing what it was like in someone else's shoes.

3. Typical new year resolution = work and stress less, relax and play more. WOW translation = WOW is a game... have fun.
I think everyone has to realize what they enjoy about the game and how they want to play. Me, I'd rather not get stressed out over progression or guild drama. While I would love to see Kara one day soon (though the thought of getting 10 people working together seems daunting), little accomplishments in the game are just as fun or rewarding for me... whether that is something like winning the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, seeing how high your gold total can really go (I really need to get started on the epic druid flight form quest line and get in heroic Sethekk), or realizing that this crazy MMORPG has made you some really great friends in game who while you've never met, know you just as well or even better than some people do in real life!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I dunno either why we don't PUG more. Perhaps as we get familiar with more instances we will PUG more. Entering an instance for the first time in a PUG can be somewhat stressful. I need to know how and what to pull and exactly what to expect from trash mobs and bosses.

    Too bad there isn't a way that K and I could switch toons for a run. It would be educational and very amusing I am sure.

    ReplyDelete