Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmmm... food

In addition to being a prolific fisherwoman, I do a lot of cooking in WOW. Unlike real life, its nice that there is no prep work and no dishes to do afterwards!

The two main food items I use in healing are Golden Fish Sticks which give +44 Healing and +20 Spirit and Blackened Sporefish which give +20 Stamina and +8 Mana/5 sec. I typically go for the fish sticks unless a situation requires that I have the extra stamina. Right now, I'll take all the +Healing I can get. You can find these food items on the AH in these cooked forms, or their raw forms (Golden Darter and Zangarian Sporefish) or you can fish yourself in Terokkar and Zangarmarsh.

Here's another good end game food buff, Spicy Crawdad. It gives you +30 Stamina and +20 Spirit. Doesn't it look like a piece of tuna sushi?

So there's a lot of meat and fish we're eating out in the Outlands, but our diets in WOW seem to lack fruits and vegetables! It would be sort of fun if the herbs that alchemists gather could also be used as food. Who's up for some felweed salad? Or steamed ancient lichen with a pinch of salt and lemon?

5 comments:

  1. I still laugh about an incident the other day in the Underbog. We were preparing to take on Ghaz'an when K reminded us to eat our buff food.

    Keredria: Eat your food Jess!

    Jessika: Yes mom.

    I don't know what we would do without her.

    The point about there not being any fruits or vegetables got me to thinking that maybe Blizzard could give resto druids a new talent in the expansion that would allow them to grow fruit and nuts while in tree of life form for party members to pick and consume -- a macrobiotic version of the lightwell spell. But then on second thought that's a little disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea Jess! Why do mages get to have all the fun, conjuring water for groups?

    Us trees should definitely be able to harvest some fruit and nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love that idea Jess! Why do mages get to have all the fun, conjuring water for groups?

    Us trees should definitely be able to harvest some fruit and nuts!"

    Aside from the "Fun" of conjuring water (i've got a lvl 70 mage; it's really not too fun to conjure water =P), that was the funniest thing I'd read all day. Fruits and nuts, haha.

    You're a kick, K =)
    -Kai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I know there are some good fish cooking recipes but fishing is one of the few professions I lack the patience to level. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, us trees will bring the trail mix. But it could be seriously annoying/disturbing to be constantly asked "NUTS PLZ".

    Trojanguy, you aren't the only one, our friend Adamas always said he'd rather slit his wrists than level cooking. Yikes! But hey, all of you guys can just buy the stuff off me!

    ReplyDelete