Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Introduction

So... another blog about World of Warcraft, huh? I don't intend for this blog to really give any insights that haven't already been given elsewhere, I mean 9 million people (so they say) play this game! Am I going to come up with anything ground shattering? No... I also probably won't be doing complicated calculations on spirit vs +5 mana or some intense strategy discussions. Instead I thought it'd be fun to have a place to start tracking my adventures in game, post funny screen shots, and basically just share my point of view. I sort of wish I had done this earlier, as a journal of sorts back when I was level 10, or 30, or 50.

My main is Keredria, a level 65 nightelf restoration druid I started back in February. I've leveled sort of slowly, spending a lot of time fooling around, playing the AH, and leveling up professions (and yes, that includes fishing and cooking). I am a healer at heart and while I have a handful of other low level alts which are all healers (priest, shammy, pally), its hard for me to focus on more than one character. I guess I have the opposite of alt-itis. What is that, main-itis?

K (as she is called, not to be confused with lowercase k which many people use to say ok... yes, it has caused confusion) has been in a very small mature guild for a while now. The Left Claw is currently made up of mainly mid level 50s to high 60s. We're a tight knit, casual bunch, who do a good job of entertaining each other. Because really, after a while, "kill X of Y", "find so-and-so", "bring me 10 Zs" can get old. It sounds so cliche, but I really do think WOW is about the people you meet and relationships you develop! (Was that too cheesy there?)

As K nears end game I would really like her to be able to see some of the current end game stuff. But I don't think I will ever be able to be hard core and dedicate 3-4 nights a week. So I guess that would make me a casual raider. But just because I intend casual, it doesn't mean I won't be serious or dedicated to the game, learn new instances, come prepared, or work on getting better gear and becoming a better player.

Can we do it? Let's see!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, love it K.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Keredria. I look forward to seeing what you write, even if it isn't "complicated calculations on spirit vs +5 mana." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya K, and welcome to the blogging community. I'm a relative newbie myself, in a guild that sounds a lot like yours. Looking forward to reading a lot more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phaelia and Kestrel! Phaelia, I will think of you as my resto druid elder statesman. I'm still getting the hang of this... I keep screwing up my posts and have to keep editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on starting up the blog - as a fellow resto drood i'll be interested to see how this goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keredria: Don't worry about having to go back and edit your posts. I often edit a post several times after rereading it. You usually learn more from having to go back to fix your mistakes than never having made the mistake in first place — at least, that's what I tell myself anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete