Thursday, October 11, 2007

More healing lessons learned...

Both Seb and I got back from SF safe and sound... I did have to swat away some hungry hands from Seb as Jessika warned me. This is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started! Perhaps being away for a while and returning after that absence will give you readers double the ap (amusement points)... much like xp works in WOW! heh heh.

Anyways, I wanted to continue an old post I made about healing lessons learned.

Lesson #5: Healing... the a la carte menu
Around level 50 I realized that healing isn't just spamming a couple of buttons over and over. That's when I learned I should have different ranks of different heals on my action bar! It was like a light bulb went on... I can save mana this way and this is what all that +healing is for! Around level 60 is when I learned to use different heals on different party members in different situations. Currently, I usually use a lot of lifebloom but occasionally throw in rejuvenation and regrowth.

Lesson #6: The early bird does not get the worm... he gets in trouble
When I first started healing instances, I thought I needed to heal the tank immediately... as soon as the tank got his first hits. But then what would happen? Well the tank didn't have enough aggro yet, so the mob would often come to me. Not a great way to start the fight. I had to learn to be patient for a bit before sending pretty green wave swirlies the tank's way.

Lesson #7: It aint over till the fat lady (or healer?) sings
This is sort of a general lesson, not just a healing lesson. But what I've learned is that when things get really crazy, just try to remain calm and do what you do. There have been many times in a fight when I was sure we wouldn't make it, that I was completely wrong! You may be down to 1% mana, and your tank at 1% health, but if that is 1% more health than the mob, its all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment