Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Healers blog meme before it gets too too late

Rades tagged me for the healing blog meme that went around. I figured I should do it before it gets too too late, even though its already kind of late. I'm probably the last one doing it, but hey, I'm ok with bringing up the rear.

1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Keredria, resto druid.

2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
From what I spend the most hours per week doing to the least, it'd be pvp, 10-man raiding, and the occasional 5-man. We've cut down raiding to 5 hours a week this expansion, so pvp definitely wins out from an hours/week standpoint. We dabbled with a bit of arena at the end of last season, and perhaps we'll do some more in season 10, but I do a ton (and I mean a TON) of bgs.

3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Mmm probably rejuv as my in both pve and pvp. It's instant and heals for a decent amount!

4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Toss up between Healing Touch and Regrowth. I only use healing touch with nature's swiftness, and regrowth just makes me go oom too much. I used to use regrowth more, but now I'm scaling back on it until I feel better about my mana.

5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Combination of mobility and output. Can I just take a quick side note here and talk about how AWESOME tree form is in bgs? Not so much for the extra healing, but for the instant roots. The ability to pop tree form and have no cast time on your roots is so awesome in bgs like Strand, Warsong, or Twin peaks.

6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Probably what every single druid has said... lack of mitigation. I think our barkskin should be raid/party wide! We already have the spell just let us cast it on others!

7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
I love that the original question makes it seem raiding is only a 25 man thing. So in my "less than" 10 man raiding environment (/sarcasm) I end up rolling hots on the tanks and healing the raid. I have long healed with the same healers week in and week out, so this is what I just end up doing without "being assigned" to do so. Sometimes Jess tries to assign me a healing assignment, but then I set him straight.

8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Pallys. Because I can sit and read a paper and eat a sandwich all in order to regen mana while the pallys will heal everyone with their 80% full mana bar. (And no, I don't really do this.)

9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Pallys. Because their always full mana bar often makes me see red with rage or green with envy and when I can't see well it distracts me because I can't see my grid boxes.

10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Blaming everything on the tanks. Even if its true. Oh and trying not to do everything myself. ZOMG must heal everyone!

11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
This doesn't happen in our raids, but as the adage goes, "I can't heal stupid". In pvp, it'd be people bitching at me for not healing them when I am healing them like crazy. And when I check out their gear, not only is it not pvp gear, but its blues and greens. At this point in season 10 when folks are stacking near 4000 resilience, if you are in a bg with pve blues and greens, I don't care how strong a healer is... you're going to die. And trust me, I bitch right back when I get bitched at this way in bgs.

12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
I do. We can heal tanks or raid and generally I feel good with where we are. Now if only we could do that judging nonsense that pallys do...

13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
I use World of Logs but I'm not checking them after every single raid like the srs bness raiders. I probably check them every other week or so, or if I want to look at something specifically.

14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
That we are rejuv and wildgrowth spam bots.

15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Besides mana management I'd say the fact that we are always casting. With the power of our mobility comes the responsibility to be always casting. So you have to learn to track your hot countdowns. You don't want your lifeblooms to fall off and now we need to throw in those direct heals to keep up our mastery buff.

16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
As a druid, I'm always going to have overheal. And as much as I complain about mana, WoL will show you that I regen just as much mana as Lorosia does because I'm maximizing use of cooldowns. It's insane to me that I regen as much mana as he does. I call bollocks on the logs.

17. Haste or Crit and why?
Duh, haste. But I am never going to hit the haste break point for a 9th WG tick because most of the time we raid without a shammy, boomkin, or a spriest. So without the haste buff I need something insane like 2700+ haste. This makes me sad, but it is what it is. So there's another argument to the fact that 10 mans are not always the "easier" option, since we don't always have access to all the class buffs. Anyways, back to haste. I do keep it above 1600 for the 5th Rejuv tick.

18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Honestly, I probably understand all of them equally... equally little. I have a general idea of their strengths, but don't know specifics. Sometimes Lorosia will reference a pally spell and I'll say something like "and that means nothing to me". He then will link the spell, but then I won't read it because OMFG why do pally spells have like huge paragraph long descriptions. I lose interest after reading the first two lines. Oh look a shiny!

19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Grid is probably the main addon I use. I generally don't use macros except for when I can't speak on vent. I've been spending a lot of time lately at my parents house and when I raid from there, I can't speak. So the macro is for when I need to desperately cry out for a hymn of hope. Generally the hymns are planned ahead of time. But if they are not, I have a macro that gives a raid warning that says something like "Sam, hymn me my dear!" I think the "my dear" part balances out the pushiness and annoying factor of asking for a hymn via a raid warning. :)

20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I've already mentioned that beyond 1600 haste, I no longer worry about stacking haste. So then its intellect.

Phew! Lots of questions! I won't tag anyone else because uh, I think the blogosphere is already beyond this. This was so two or three weeks ago. So yeah... bringing up the rear...

2 comments:

  1. Nice answers! I loved the Paladin enmity, haha. DAMN PALADINS! I totally do the same thing when someone talks about a Paladin ability, even if they link it - they all blend together in my head! "Okay so cast your...Holy Hand of Divine Light...Beacon...Shock? Yeah. Whatever it is, that you do."

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rades: lol yeah. Well with Nicolause, and now Lorosia, pallys do have a soft spot in my heart. But I can't lie. I love to hate them.

    Though I'm sure if I was healing with Fabulor, it'd be another story...

    ReplyDelete