Averna tagged me to talk about what I remember about being a newbie, a post idea that originated from Miss Elf. I must say that I don't remember a whole lot from those sapling days. Did I just repress those painful memories? Or is it due to my standard habit of forgetting a lot of stuff? Anyways, here's what I can remember being a young sapling:
- I did notice when I first got my first talent point, but spent them with no method to the madness. I think I was some crazy combination of all three trees until level 30 or so.
- I had major issues with just plain old navigation. Yeah I was that toon who you saw getting tripped up on every door frame and knocking into sides of buildings. Repeatedy. Poor K ran around most of Darnassus and Darkshore with two black eyes. The worst was that huge tree in Darnassus that circled up and around. I think I fell off that path (and died) several several times.
- I was kind of scared of other players. Sounds silly, but its true. My first ever party invitation to do a group quest came from Adamas, someone I still talk to and raid with to this day (crazy). I remember being so nervous and scared that I was going to screw up.
- As a newbie healer, it took me a while to understand the concept of aggro and that I needed to run towards Jess when I got it. Why would I run towards the mean angry mobs? You run away from danger! There were many many situations where you'd see a crazy healer running all around, being chased by mobs, being chased by Jess.
- It never even crossed my mind that female toons could be played by male players and male toons could be played by female players. Never. I assumed that everyone knew that I was female because duh, I played a female toon. Thus, I reached out to other female characters with naive excitement (yay girl power!) assuming that they were played by female players. Yeah... I learned that lesson quickly.
Hmmm so am I supposed to be tagging other folks? Well I tag:
Beruthiel at Falling Leaves and Wings (gorgeous gorgeous blog name!!!)
Misneach at Aggro Junkie
Sylly at Rolling Hots
And Jess at Pretty in Plate because Jess is still a noob.