Thursday, May 14, 2009

Time warp?

Was is it about WOW that distorts your sense of time? I'm sure we all have experienced the "Oh my gosh I was just going to be on for an hour" or "Holy crap look how long I've been on" or "Can Blizzard please stop automatically displaying the standard days played info when you log in?" sense of distorted time.

So I was not online this past Tuesday night, but did log on very briefly last night. When I came online, a comment was made to the gist of "Oh look who it is!". Really? After one night offline? Though I guess when you're used to seeing someone on all the time, one night does seem like longer.

I have been on the other side of this because when Paradise had to take some time off for final exams, it seemed like he had been gone forever! Months at least! When he did come back, I whispered him asking where the heck he had been, and that he had been gone for so long, to which he replies "It's only been two weeks K".

Maybe there is some multiplier to time in WOW. Maybe one night in WOW is the equivalent of two nights in real life? Three nights?

1 comment:

  1. I cry a little inside when I see my days played.

    Still, it does not deter me from spending more time online than I planned when I logged in.

    ReplyDelete