Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've been classified

Many of you may have been wondering what type of tree I am. Well, if there has been any confusion, Jess has classified me as a North American Bitch Tree. Now what could I have been doing to merit this classification?

We did an impulsive Naxx mini run earlier this week, going to the Military Quarter. We were able to down the first two bosses in that wing, but were able to get in two shots at the Four Horsemen before calling it a night. I don't want to go into too much detail (which would make me even more of a bitch), but I will just say that we had a member who took raiding and explanation of these three fights way more seriously than we are used to. As I shared on guild chat, it was as if this guy was presenting his oral dissertation to get a PhD in Naxx raiding.

Here's my deal with raid boss explanations. There is such a thing as too much information. Twenty minute lectures do not stick in my head. Instead it sounds to me like the adults on the Peanuts, "Wa wa wa wa wa wa". It just made it seem too much like school or work to me, and almost took the fun out of raiding.

So I was saying a lot of stuff on guild chat. While I was definitely the first one on the bitch train, everyone else got on board by the third boss explanation. I was painfully annoyed at first, but it ended up being very comical by the time we got around to the Four Horsemen explanation. I had to mute my mic because I was laughing so hard that I was crying.

But it was a good lesson. Not only did I get from this night a classification and the hardest I've laughed in a while, but I got a deeper appreciation for how we run raids. Yes, strategies can be discussed and we all want to do well. But at the end of the day, we're here to have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Well, as I told K, I wasn't quite as annoyed or amused because basically he was doing what I would have had to have done, except worse since I didn't expect us to do Naxx that night and so I hadn't researched those encounters yet.

    At the very least, I guess my "lectures" don't seem so bad anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm wondering what sort of tree I am.

    A British Flippant Oak, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete