Thursday, February 28, 2008

A new job?

I'm checking out the news on cnn.com this morning and come across this article about wooing not only female gamers, but creators. Sony has created a scholarship to attract more women to careers in game development. Its funny because I was mentioning to Jess the other day how I'd love to be the one creating and designing all the outfits in WOW. I've always wanted to be a fashion designer... why not in a game?

They say in this article that 38% of gamers are female, which sounds a little high to me. I don't know.... maybe they're adding games like the Sims. I still think though that there is a certain tag attached to female gamers. Its funny because as I start dating again, playing WOW is not information that I'm willingly supplying from the beginning. I mean I am a geek, but its not really apparent from the outside. It'll be interesting to get guys' reactions as they find out!

1 comment:

  1. Gamers is 50% female in me household, so we be aheads of the game. Yay us!

    Whatevers ya do don't tell'em yer a blogger. They'd be petrified what you'd reveal they's shortcomings and inadequacies to the whole dang world.

    ReplyDelete