Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cataclysm talk and my tree-ro

I rarely blog about Cataclysm because honestly, I just don't really keep up with the info all that much. I tend to go into patches or expansions sort of knowing what the changes are, but for the most part I go in semi-blind. What I have been doing though is whispering Beru (who also just got 10 man hard mode LK!!! Woots!) whenever I have any questions about Cataclysm changes. She's kinda my go to source for all things Cataclysm.

While I'm still coming to grips with losing tree form, the way we heal isn't going to be a huge difference for me. I've been a weird tree for a long time because I currently use regrowth and nourish a lot more than most trees. A lot. But from what I hear, as things stand now, I'm going to be oom all the time which makes me really grumpy. I don't think there is any more helpless of a feeling than a healer out of mana.

With the idea of losing tree form and being oom, let's add something else that gets me really really hot under my collar. It just so happens that if you google the phrase "10 man BOE gear" the very first result you get back is an old post of mine. Look!

Ok, if I'm the first google search result, I should really continue to take up the cause. I'm not sure why this gets me so riled up, but it does. My guildies will try to joke around sometimes and know that all they have to say is "10 man boe gear" and they'll get a couple of f-bombs from me.

Now I think I wrote that post back before the Cataclysm raiding changes info came out. But seriously I am going to be pissed... F'IN PISSED!!! if 10 man bosses in Cataclysm raids continue to not drop BOE gear while 25 man bosses do.

Please please please, give 10 man guilds the opportunity to sell BOE gear for guild funds or to gear up alts. Don't screw us for choosing a different path from 25 man raiding.

Finally, I'll end on a positive and less bitchy note. Kae and her guildies at Vortex have notched the world second and US first strict 10 kill of hard mode Lich King. I can't even comprehend the level of skill, near perfection, perseverance, and tenacity required to get a world second kill, a kill that is seemingly impossible in strict 10 gear. Awesome. Just awesome.

As I commented on Kae's post, she is seriously my tree hero. My tree-ro.

4 comments:

  1. I must admit I am currently quite dubious about the tree changes and am hopeing they get sorted out a lot before Cata hits. One think I dont want to be is a "carried" healer for my raid team till Blizz sorts out the masteries and other issues.
    On a different note it could be that Kae and her guildies could be not only the second but possibly one of the final strict 10 man teams to do heroic litchy as the new patch is incoming and with the massive changes its bringing I wonder if heroic ICC will be even possible due to the changes in mana regen for healers coupled with the spikey damage of ICC.

    Zetter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the "nothing's really changing" part of cataclysm healing for me. I'm a bit concerned that we can't have two separate stacks of lifebloom simultaneously but... they'll balance around it, somehow. That, and instead of a grumpy old man tree all the time, I'll be a chunky moocow most of the time. I don't have to reshift after going all crazy with ze moonfare spam, I guess.

    Thank you for the shout-out for my guild :) It's definitely taken some dedication to get it done. I dunno about perfection though... I take a stroll with a spirit-soaker during the kill video and come a sliver of a grid box away from being turned into a stump. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zetter: Very true. I've already warned my guild that I'm going to be a bitchy tree once 4.0 hits. I think someone's response to this was "And that's going to be different how?" Grrrr

    @Kae: Nearly perfect! Nearly! And I'm sure that stroll was intentional just for dramatic effect. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :)

    Grats to Kae too! I think she may be my tree-ro as well!

    Have you seen the new talents and the changes to our mastery?!

    ReplyDelete