Before patch 3.1 dropped, we were putzing around in 10 man Naxx. Yeah, yeah we've done it tons of times before. What was different this time? Well, I was "leading" the raid. From this experience, here are 5 things that you should not be doing as a raid leader, well unless you want a horrible raid or you are goofing around:
1. Demand undeserved respect: I insisted that everyone call me Madam Raid Leader and would not respond to anything else.
2. Provide irrelevant instructions: The raid strategy and instructions I went with were "Kill shit, don't die"
3. Blame others when things go wrong...: When there were minor missteps I insisted Jess try harder.
4. ...but take all the credit when things go well: When we downed a boss, I praised everyone for a decent job, but then declared that the overall success was clearly due to my awesome "raid-leadering"
5. Go on a power trip: I did a number of raid checks, just to do them. But I got mad when any of the raid assistants did them before an actual boss.