Thursday, April 2, 2009

Honest Scrap

"1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!"

Averna tagged me for this meme thingie (why is it called a meme? where did meme come from?). Seriously... brilliant? Haha if brilliant means not so much maybes. My blog must have inspired you to blog in that it showed you that if I can do it and talk about nothing and everything, anyone can blog. Anyways, I'm so glad you started blogging Averna and I definitely feel the serious healing posts that you and some of the other resto bloggers are doing are needed now that Phaelia is gone.

As for tagging some other blogs I read (even if they've been already tagged):
Keeva at Tree Bark Jacket. First, I think the blog is beautiful in design. But Keeva does serius bzness healing posts so that I can just be silly. Thanks Keeva!
Bellwether at 4 Haelz is another beautifully designed blog. I love the green!!! Bell also does serius bzness posts along with interesting posts like 10 vs 25 man loot and gender differences that generate good debate and discussion.
Sylly at Rolling Hots also has a beautiful blog. I love how it looks at the top of the page. Sylly also does serius bzness posts, but I have a feeling that we also have a similar (sylly? hahaha) sense of humor.
Megan at Out of Mana because she rocks. Seriously. I love her sense of humor and she is the queen of all things pvp and arena. After she's posted, I am 100% more likely to get on vent or guild chat that night and yell, "W'assup bitches?!?!".
Dark Legacy Comics cracks me up. The comics are beautifully drawn and incredibly witty. Go check them out.
Last but not least (I guess not surprising?) would be Jess at Pretty in Plate because that's my tank. While it sorta pains me to be nice and call Jess "brilliant", I guess the word would apply because Jess is healed by yours truly. So that makes Jess clearly brilliant simply in choice of healer.

Now ten honest things about me:

1. I have served as my own lawyer in court to stand up for a bogus ticket. The assistant DA tried to get me to plead guilty and pay a fine, which I would have none of. None! I had to question my own witness and cross examine the cop. I tried to use the only lawyer-ly knowledge I had, which came from TV shows. Apparently I did a good enough job that the judge sided with me and let me go, in large part because I think he was amused by my preparation and how into it I was.

2. I personally know a Nobel Prize winner. He is someone my dad has worked closely with for 25 years, and has seen my sister and I grow up. My family was fortunate enough to attend the Nobel week festivities in Stockholm in December 2007.

3. I grew up and went to undergrad in Chapel Hill, NC. I am actually going to be in Chapel Hill for the final four game on Saturday night as well as hopefully the championship game on Monday night. While I grew up in a small town, I have lived in cities for a while now (NYC from 2000-2003 and Chicago since 2003).

4. I was in NYC on 9/11/01 and was about 8 blocks away from WTC. I saw first hand the second plane hit and the first tower fall. I will never forget a lot of the details of my experience that day or the things I saw.

5. I have 3 degrees from 3 schools that all begin with a C. People think I kept going back to school for the edumacation, though I think its because I wanted to put off the real world. However after all that schooling, I often wonder what the heck I know and sometimes think all I got was a hefty student loan balance.

6. I am a terrible terrible procrastinator. I still haven’t done my taxes. Eeeks! I’ve always been like this. I was like this each time in school. It seems that I need the stress, the pressure, the fire under my ass to get me to do stuff.

7. When I lived in NYC I served as a juror on a federal grand jury for one month. I was on a jury that "specialized" in homicides in that any homicide case brought to the courts at the time was brought to us. Luckily as a grand jury we were not voting on guilt or innocence, but whether there was enough evidence for trial, i.e. an indictment. I saw a lot and heard a lot of crazy stuff over the course of a month.

8. I typically fly around a lot for my job as a consultant for hospitals, being on the road Mon-Thurs. At first its kinda fun, then it sucks, but racking up tons of status and points with American Airlines, Hilton, and Avis has its benefits. I have so many miles and upgrades with American that I only generally fly in first class. I have been lucky to be on a local project for the last 4 months, but could still find my way around O’hare blindfolded.

9. I’m generally very frugal and pretty cheap about most things. I prefer more family run restaurants to the fanciest restaurants in town. When things are on sale, I definitely stock up (yes I needed 10 rolls of paper towels because they were on sale). There are also a lot of things my girlfriends typically do from time to time that I really never do such as massages, manicures, and expensive haircuts. But when I splurge, I splurge, whether that is a handbag or a Macbook, or a trip to Barcelona (my dream next vacation)

10. I am a shorty... barely 5'2" and have to compensate by pretty much always wearing 3" or so heels. Speaking of shoes, I have way too many pairs and somewhere around 80% of them are black.

Geez... I shared a lot. I feel nekkid now.

4 comments:

  1. Insightful.

    Incidentally, I've lived in Chicago my whole life and couldn't find my way around O'Hare even if I had a map, compass, and some form of gps device.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I love the sarcasm and wit.

    A great guild is great! (see what I did right there)

    I am starting a little NElf Druid for heals when my guild runs their alliance toons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Misneach: sadly O'hare is often my second home... so yeah, I know it well.

    @For the Pie: thanks!

    ReplyDelete