Note: Half the raid had left by the time I asked people to get a screenshot
Over the last couple of weeks, our guild has been doing some regular 25 man Naxx raids with two other small guilds. Now I did do some 25 mans in BC, but pretty rarely. Anyways, here are some of my random thoughts and experiences on going from healing 10 mans to 25 mans.
1. OMG there iz too many grid boxes!!! Just look at all those folks in the pic above. Seriously, as silly as it seems, its a big issue of mine with 25 mans. I have my grid boxes set up exactly how I like, counting down my hots and showing lifebloom stacks. I have my boxes sized and positioned perfectly in the 10 man runs. But with 25 mans... there are just too many boxes and I haven't quite decided where I want to position them.
Yeah, yeah I know I can scale it down smaller, but I like the boxes a certain size. Sigh. So sometimes I have to make tough decisions like whose box gets cut off. In these situations, usually feral druids like Fonzy lose out. (Heh just kidding Fonzy).
2. A quieter K: My guildies may have noticed that I do not talk over vent as much in these 25 man runs. I'm not sure if its because there are folks in the runs that are strangers to me, or if Im considering that fact that you shouldn't talk as much in a 25 man run because of the number of folks. But I'm definitely quieter... which I'm sure Jess appreciates because there is less Jess ribbing on these raids.
3. Less healer guilt: In 10 man runs, I am definitely more apt to try to save a naughty dps who has grabbed aggro (ok, ok, maybe its not always their fault and maybe they are not all naughty... but I still call them naughty dps anyways). In 25 mans, there is a little more hardcore triaging going on where I have to make tougher decisions and let people go. Am I saying that I feel less badly if I lose a dps in a 25 man vs a 10 man? Hmmm... maybe. So I feel a bit bad if I lose a dps in a 10 man, whereas I feel a tiny bit bad if I lose a dps in a 25 man. Heh.
4. More people to laugh at: While most people would consider running 25 mans as an opportunity to meet more people, I take it as an opportunity to meet more people to make fun of. Case in point, Sammael, who is always a source of endless amusement with or without clothes.
5. I <3 Rejuv: I love rejuv in 10 mans, but I really really love rejuv in 25 mans. Yeah, I threw out lifeblooms and regrowths and nourishes, but there was a lot of "Rejuv for you, rejuv for you, oh and you too, oh yeah you should have some rejuv too".