Monday, June 2, 2008

Rent a mount?

When I'm traveling every week for work, one thing I always look forward to is seeing what kind of rental car I have for the week. A couple weeks ago I had this cutest little Carolina blue Hyundai. It reminded me of being an undergraduate college student again and I ate a lot of junk food that week and woke up later than I should have. Last week I had this huge Buick sedan, with leather seats and wood paneling on the inside. It made me feel quite a bit older. No, I did not search for a local bingo game to attend, but I did find myself eating dinner earlier. This week I have a Mitsubishi sports car. Its so low to the ground that getting in and out is amusing, plus it has this huge spoiler that annoyingly disturbs my rear view. I feel like I should add red streaks to my hair and go find some crazy loud club party in downtown Boston. Hopefully it won't make me want to drive too much over the speed limit, as I have never seen so many people pulled over for speeding as I have on the Mass pike.

Anyways, what does this have to do with WOW? Well I love my kitty mount, but it'd be fun once in a while to be able to "rent" another mount for the day, especially those that night elves can't ride. Would renting the gnome mechanic bird make me want to put my hair in pigtails and giggle my way through Kara? Or maybe if I were to rent the orc wolf mount for the day I would start to look like I was a little queasy and go around saying bugger this and bugger that a la Ratshag?

8 comments:

  1. Do you often visit the Boston area? Not gonna lie, that grabbed my attention since I live here (there?).

    I think that "rent-a-mount" idea is pretty nice. I'd pay to run around on the other mounts, even if I'd have to return it or lose the item after a set period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current consulting project brings me to Worcester. So every week I fly into Logan and make the trip west to a town that I still confuse with steak sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you know how to pronounce it then. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. In WotLK you'll be able to hitch a ride with another player on his mount. So you won't be able to ride opposite-faction mounts like you want to, but this will be a way to experience riding another mount.

    Currently, just grind enough honor/marks to get the battle-mount of your chosen type/color. Maybe not as easy as your rent-a-mount idea but if the lack of specific mount really bugs you, there is a solution.

    Oh I just remembered, even if you're Alliance you can still experience riding the Blood-Elf mount model (the one that looks like a giant chicken :)) - just do enough heroic MgT till Kael drops the mount and hope you win the roll :) I have 2 friends who have won this mount so the drop rate isn't too bad apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhhh... mitsubishi... is it an EVO or an Eclipse?

    if it's an EVO you must take it to some dirt or mountain roads for some rally style driving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its an Eclipse. Not that I think I would take it offroading even if I had an EVO... :)

    Wouldn't it be funny if we could "soup" up our mounts? Hmmm... add something to the booty a la a spoiler to make us fly faster? Fancy little ankle bracelets a la phat rims? Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orcs look queasy?! I take offense to that :D My hunter looks like a lean, mean AND green killing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm so the green-ness is... natural? Its not that you orcs just came off a rollercoaster after having eaten ten hot dogs or went sailing on rough waters?

    ReplyDelete