Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Resto Druid Season 8 Wrathful Gear with No Rating!!!

OMG! Two posts in one day! So Season 8 opened yesterday, and like the good little pvp tree I am, I had to go check out what was available. I first went to Wintergrasp, and see that there is no new gear available with WG marks. Boo. (There is new WG gear available, see below for edits). Then I trot myself over to Stormwind to look at all of last season's Relentless gear now available with honor. While I'm doing this, I hop over to the other vendor to look at the new Wrathful non-set pieces that I figured would be available with rating requirements.

But what? Huh? I see that a number of items, the bracers... the cloak... the neck piece are available to buy with just simply honor. No arena rating required. Holy crap!!! I wasn't sure if it was a bug that they would eventually take back, but what the hell, in case they don't, I picked up all I could right then and there.

I also made sure Wutsie came over to pick up his Ret Pally pieces. I am really looking forward to seeing how we do this upcoming arena season given that we are starting with a bit more experience and gear than we did last season. Our biggest issue was around finding the time. Wut and I did a good amount of 2v2 last season, but I'd love to be able to do some more 3v3 and 5v5 this season.

Now back to the phat lewts. Would the bug be fixed and the pieces taken back? I didn't know. But then today I find this forum post from Bornakk where he confirms that the Wrathful bracers, trinket, cloak, neck, and ring are available with no rating required. This is huge! Level 264 season 8 pieces with no rating! Equivalent relentless pieces were only available last season with rating requirements of 1450-1750+ and now they're just available with honor? Heck ya!

Below is the list of these Wrathful goodies for us resto druids. And don't forget we should be filling out the rest of our gear with all the Season 7 Relentless gear that is available with honor. (Note, I think some of the Relentless gear still requires arena points). As Jess noted last night, scary PvP K with her foul mouth (I'm very bad when I'm PvPing) is back. Time to farm honor kids, time to farm honor.

Wrathful Gladiator's Armwraps of Salvation
Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Deliverance
Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Deliverance
Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Dominance
Medallion of the Alliance

***********************

EDIT: Thanks to Ashley, there is new gear available with WG marks. 25 marks each for a neck or cloak, 40 marks for shoulders. I missed the vendor because its the smaller guy next to the big mammoth. For us druids, the cloak would be Titan-Forged Cloak of Ascendancy and the neck piece would be Titan-Forged Pendant of Ascendancy

I picked up Titan-Forged Spaulders of Salvation last night.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh ohh! Soon as she picks up her mean-ass biker chick helmet with skull on, Vyprania's definitely gonna get her some Wrathful jewelry. Is thanks fer the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is new Wintergrasp PvP stuff - check the guy beside the one on the mammoth. It's ring, neck, and cloak.

    ReplyDelete