Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Respect the turkey

The thanksgiving related holiday event, Pilgrim's Bounty starts this Sunday, November 22nd and runs until the 28th. On a totally unrelated note, WTF with our society deciding to give Thanksgiving the short stick and start decorating and getting ready for Christmas earlier and earlier each year? I mean come on... I think this year I started seeing Christmas stuff up on November 1. What happened to waiting until the day after Thanksgiving? I say, respect the turkey. Give it its due. Moving on.

Anyways, I'll definitely be looking to complete the Pilgrim achievement because of the little turkey pet you get. There are nine achievements you have to complete for the Pilgrim holiday achievement. One of the achievements, Pilgrim's Progress requires you to complete 5 dailies. Given that this holiday event lasts 7 days, make sure you get this one done early.

Two others caught my eye. First, Terokkar Turkey Time which requires us to "Defeat Talon King Ikiss while wearing a Pilgrim's Hat and either a Pilgrim's Dress, Robe, or Attire". Ooh, maybe I can use this opportunity to try to get the druid Anzu mount again! K needs that mount! I must complete my druidness!

Second, is the achievement called Turkey Lurkey, and requires you to "Blast those dirty, sneaking Rogues with your Turkey Shooter". You have to "blast" a rogue of each class race.

Hahaha! Poor rogues (sorries to Ata and T-baby).

4 comments:

  1. "You have to "blast" a rogue of each class."

    I think you meant race.

    I agree about the holidays. Christmas needs to get back in line and wait its turn.

    t0xic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Christmas stuff up in stores by mid-October :( A grocery store took a small panel of the Halloween holiday isle and put tinsel, snow-motif glasses, and red-and-green ornaments up in it.

    It made me quite sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @toxic: Oh yes, I meant race. Sigh. And yes, you're totally right.

    @Kae: Wow, Halloween getting upstaged by Christmas, eh?

    I think Toxic is totally right... Christmas is trying to be a line jumper! Get back in line Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, gotta respect the turkey! I always say ncbt - No Christmas before Thanksgiving. This year I even saw some Christmas stuff out before Halloween.

    Respect The Turkey

    ReplyDelete