Do you ever really think about how much time you spend with your guildies? I probably chat with my guildies more than I do with many RL friends of mine. Its an interesting dynamic though, since most guildies don't know each other in real life.... but there is a lot that comes across in terms of individual personalities. Do you ever wonder how you are perceived by your guildies as opposed to how you really are or how your RL friends perceive you?
Over time I've shared and learned the RL names of a number of guildies. That's always interesting. Reactions range from:
* Oh, yeah she is so (Name X).
* What? No way. (Name Y) is way too nice a name for her.
* Hmmm yeah, (Name Z) totally fits him.
I probably fall in the second category, in that my RL name is seemingly too old fashioned and nice and sweet for how I really am. :)
Now onto the subject related to the Dilbert cartoon above. Now once a group of folks starts hanging out a lot, its inevitable that rumors start, isn't it? Any good rumors from your guild?
For my guildies, some rumors from The Left Claw:
1. Chachi/Brboo makes his poor innocent young sons farm gold for him while he sits back cracking a whip and eating salad (though I would argue this as truth).
2. Wut is kept locked and chained in the basement and yelled at whenever he somehow escapes. However he is allowed out to make scrumptious meals and panettone.
3. Terrondris could be a woman in RL since we've never heard him on vent. Though he is a big fan of T bagging so I do think he is male... but this rumor cannot be dispelled until we hear him on vent (and no, unfortunately Heidi's word is not enough).
4. Nkm's last name has already been guessed by Chachi but Nkm doesn't want to admit it for fear that Chachi will start stalking him (perfectly reasonable fear).
5. Vel really wanted to become a vet, which explains her obsession with pets and mounts.
6. Buns is part owner of a vineyard, which explains where all the red wine during raiding comes from.
7. Nico is away living 'in the mountains' somewhere, doing lord knows what.
8. Chachi and Kalthan are long lost soulmates (clearly obvious to everyone who hears how they speak to each other on vent), which explains why they both play hunters and have identical pets.
9. Jess doesn't really know what words like mitigate or multiplicative really mean, but just throws them around sporadically during raid explanations to create an aura of raid leader-ness.