The other day I talked about how I had gotten back into pvp lately. Well, to take it a bit further, I am looking at dabbling a little more seriously into arenas. We've dabbled a bit before in arenas, but it was definitely a half hearted dabble because gear wasn't all pvp gear and specs weren't pvp specs. I want to try it a bit more seriously this time. So how am I doing this? Let's take a look.
How K is getting ready for arena:
1. First and foremost, I am preparing myself right now for a lot of death and destruction and pain and eating of dirt. (Yay! Sounds so fun!) Arena play is a whole new animal and I know that there is quite a big learning curve.
2. Now how to spec as a resto druid in arena? Hmmm, well I started by researching specs of some other top rated resto druids. Looking at SK Gaming's ranking of top arena teams I see that a number of resto druids are going 24/0/47 taking up insect swarm in the balance tree. Hmmm insect swarm, huh? But I see others staying around 16/0/55. Gonna have to play around a bit.
3. I still need to run a number of battlegrounds to earn the honor to pick up a pvp cloak, both rings, and a trinket. So any of y'all on Emberstorm battlegroup, be on the look out for a nelf druid in a pretty dress with a scary mask.
4. In terms of glyphs, I'll probably pick up Glyph of Barkskin and keep Glyph of Swiftmend and Innervate.
5. Now in terms of partners, I've already talked to Wut about this and Im sure Atania and Vel would be interested as well. I think we could do some interesting 3v3 teams. In doing some of my research, I found a lot of 2v2 teams with a resto druid and a DK or warrior. Hmmm I don't think Jess is big into pvping or arena on that toon... but perhaps I could convince Paradise.
6. Installing what looks like the must have addon for arenas, Gladius.
7. Buying bars of soap to wash out my mouth after all the swearing that I know I will be doing (see #1).
Anyone else with arena experience have any advice in general or specific to doing arenas as a resto druid?