Thursday, June 23, 2011

A new approach to BGs?

O hai there! Not sure how over a week went by without a post here, but I've been surprisingly busy with work. I hate when that happens. Seriously, I do some of my best blog posting during work, so when I can't, I feel cheated. You expect me to work for my pay?! What nerve.

Anyways, what have I been up to in game past couple of weeks? Lots of pvp. A couple weeks ago I did finally get Master of Alterac Valley. Grinding out the final wins was painful. I think I could do without ever seeing "Horde has defended Iceblood Tower or Towers Point" ever again. Ever!

Last weekend was AB, which I've long said is my favorite BG. I picked up a couple new achievements, including Overly Defensive. This one was definitely not easy to get as a healer. But my strat? I used Noggenfogger elixirs to get itty bitty and just planted myself right on the flag.

I was unable to get Resilient Victory as I had hoped. I think I'm really going to have a make a premade to get this. And can I just say those League of Arathor peeps are total bitches? Getting exalted with them takes forever.

Anyways, guildies have asked how I do so many bgs for achievements... asking how I haven't gone crazy. I answered, perhaps I was crazy to start with? In terms of the bitching and whining that goes on in the bg chat, I used to generally ignore it half the time and engage in it the other half. But as I've been doing more lately, I've been engaging more.

I think I was in a losing AB with Nikolai last weekend where someone noted that it was ok that we were losing badly because he was just there to practice. I pointed out that our top healer had 6 deaths, but that the horde's top healer had 0 deaths. I suggested he practice killing their healer.

Anyways, I think what I need to do is run these back to back bgs while listening to my latest favorite song, Javier Colon's rendition of Coldplay's Fix You from the TV show The Voice:

I think the song is so incredibly calming, perhaps it can help control my nerd rage. Though, honestly it's not nerd rage so much as it is a genuine interest (or misguided hope perhaps) in trying to make your team better... i.e. fix you.

Coldplay's original version here:

Lyrics to Fix you:

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

No comments:

Post a Comment