When I think about our guild raids, there are certain things that are just always going to happen. Kal mentioned the first two items the other week, so I thought I'd expound on those and add a couple of others.
1. Jess is going to break CC: Hee hee. It's funny because its true.
2. K is going to say wait!: Grrr! But yes, this is also funny because its true. I don't know... it's like I consider the raid ready check as a pre ready check to my verbal cue. There is bound to be at least one attempt when the tanks start running in and I yell out on vent, "Oh.... wait!!!!!!" because I forgot something. For the record though I don't think I did this last night, did I?
3. Kal is going to have an opinion: More specifically a strong opinion on something and call it a total screwjob. He's so cute when he gets worked up on something. Let me just say two words. Hunter focus.
4. Nikolai is going to allude to Nkm in a sexually inappropriate way: Nikolai needs to come back to raiding with us soon because there are just so many times when there is the perfect opportunity for a sexually tinged comment in raid and without him, there is just this big empty void.
5. There will be mention of green wands: And associated crying. Poor casters. I am a bit afraid of what is going to happen when that epic wand drops. It's going to be an all out brawl!
6. Bracers of the Dark Pool will drop: We've had like 5 or 6 Bracers of the Dark Pool drop off trash. It's gotten to be sort of funny. I think one night we even had them drop twice.
7. Jess will ask Buns to SS resurrect someone after a death: Even though Buns can't do that until the next patch. Er...
8. K will complain about having no mana: And Lorosia will rub it in. Do the rest of you guys have pallys who taunt you, just absolutely TAUNT you about their mana? I do. /points at Lorosia. Grrr...
9. Darc and Eregon will talk shop: Not only do Darc and Eregon work together IRL, but this is a boss - employee relationship! I find it amusing and quite intriguing that they raid together. If we're up late one night, there will be talk like "You better not call in sick tomorrow!" that makes me giggle. I think Darc should include Eregon's tanking performance in his annual review.
10. Chanti will cycle through his sayings: I love that Chanti has a rotation of sayings that he cycles through when he pulls. They include "Oh look, I haz a frisbee!", "Leeroy Jenkins!", "Bad things are going to happen, don't let them happen to you!" What else does he say? Hmmm they've slipped my mind...
11. We have to deal with a defective Earth Shield: If Jess' shammy Makawee is healing, we have to put up with a less than optimal earth shield. It's the funniest thing but Maka's earth shield spins around your ankles, not your waist. I've tried shimmying my hips in a hula-hoop fashion to see if I could move it up, but to no avail. I guess this earth shield could protect us against ankle biting gnome bosses?
12. We will screw up the Cauldron: We learned the cauldron a couple of weeks ago and honest to goodness, there's bound to be confusion when it goes down. It'll stay up too long and we have to go through the "Who didn't take a flask?", "Oh, I took one before", "Oops, I didn't mean to take one", "Ok take an extra one and keep it for later" each time. EACH TIME.