Friday, January 14, 2011

The resolution of the creepy archaeology voices - once and for all

Are you crazy or not? Why are you hearing these creepy voices while picking up archaeology keystones when guildies swear they hear nothing? The resolution, once and for all, found somehow by Jess:

DBM

Yep, DBM. Nothing to do with Blizz. The latest update of DBM has an option under general that is called "Make archaeology more interesting". It's apparently defaulted as on, though I would think some of my guildies have updated DBM and theirs obviously weren't turned on.

Here is the DBM change log that details this. Thanks DBM for making me and my guildies question my sanity! Though as Nkm noted, I am still crazy, just not because of this. Hmmm.

I think I'm going to keep it turned on though. It does make archaeology more interesting, and now I'll know where its coming from instead of getting creeped out.

5 comments:

  1. This may be what actually convinces me to use DBM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har - punked by an addon! This is the kind of thing that makes this game so much fun.

    I loved it when they added Onyxia Wipe Guy for the Ony encounter (though some of the more humorless guildies didn't - sticks).

    It's nice to see them approaching the task with a little bit of sly wit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That...is amazing. What a great fun extra to add in! Major props to DBM for that, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome. I can't wait to laugh at my guildies when they don't realize what is happening...*cackles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I just thought archaeology had finally eroded my sanity.

    ReplyDelete