Monday, September 21, 2009

"K of the D'oh"

I think a new title that they should have in game is "of the d'oh". Our hunter Chachi has been ceremoniously named "Chachi of the D'oh" by our oh so witty mage Veloreynn. Hmmm... now I'm sure we could all come up with a ton of options for what you'd need to do to be awarded the "of the d'oh" title. Some recent examples for me?

D'oh story #1: I was logging onto our guild vent one night and just connected without thinking or reading. Oops! I found myself logging into a friend guild of ours, right in the middle of their Ulduar raid because their vent was the last one I had logged in to. Two of their members were like "Hey K, what's up?" To which I responded, "Oops! Wrong vent! Sorry guys, good luck in Ulduar!" and promptly logged off. D'oh.

D'oh story #2: I was doing a guild heroic TOC 5 man and I was noticing how I was having to heal a bit more. I was wondering why the healing seemed a bit harder and why I was running out of mana. Fortunately there were no deaths except for a mage's death or two. Though come on now, let's just be serious here... it is standard practice, no? We say its not a real run until a mage's life is sacrificed and offered up to the gods. Anyways, it was not until we finished the entire place when I switched out of tree form. Jess let it be known that I had healed the entire heroic run with my lance on. D'oh.

Now on a totally un-d'oh story, we did a little alt run through Naxx again where I tanked with my good friend Indigogo who is usually a boomkin. The healers? Male players with tanking mains on their respective healing alts. I think the raid was looking forward to seeing two female players tanking on relatively new specs. I think they were expecting more slip ups or amusement than Indi and I actually provided. We totally rocked, including doing just fine on Razuvious and the Four Horsemen. You think girls can't tank? Well Indi and I have something to say about that: "Rawr!"

4 comments:

  1. Well ha!

    I was healing with this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28584 the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I tanked again last night. A guildie wanted to practice healing on shammie and we could NOT find a tank for H-Hol for the life of us. So, I reluctantly offered my inexperienced services and was taken up on it!

    Even the guildies with me had doubts, but once they heard my terrified squeak in Vent, I have to give them credit, they changed into strong, supportive cheerleaders who reminded me to breathe about once a minute all through the run. lol

    And I wasnt perfect, the occasional add would dash off, and I lost Volkhan completely for awhile... still not sure how... but we did just fine overall. :)
    I just need more practice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I tanked again last night. A guildie wanted to practice healing on shammie and we could NOT find a tank for H-Hol for the life of us. So, I reluctantly offered my inexperienced services and was taken up on it!

    Even the guildies with me had doubts, but once they heard my terrified squeak in Vent, I have to give them credit, they changed into strong, supportive cheerleaders who reminded me to breathe about once a minute all through the run. lol

    And I wasnt perfect, the occasional add would dash off, and I lost Volkhan completely for awhile... still not sure how... but we did just fine overall. :)
    I just need more practice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Jess rather disprove the whole "girls can't tank" thing anyway?

    :D

    ReplyDelete