Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Anonymous vs non-anonymous blogging

When I think back to why I first started this blog, it was mainly to capture some of the adventures the Claws were having in game, as well as to share random thoughts and stories of mine. Thus, I shared the name of my toon, my guild, and server from the very beginning. I definitely chuckle when friends and guildies and yes, even complete strangers whisper me in game around something related to the blog. That's probably why I didn't make it an anonymous blog, and I don't regret doing so.

But I also think I started this blog as an avenue to be able to vent about stuff in game as well. For me, writing about things sometimes helps me to get it out and perhaps let it go, or even see it from another perspective. Thus, there are times when I do wish for the complete openness and honesty that can come with total anonymity. If this was an anonymous blog, I would probably share or comment or vent about a lot more stuff. But its not anonymous, and I know the people who are reading it (yay statcounter! hee hee), whether they are friends or other folks.

Anyways, not sure what I'm trying to say here, but my blogger friends can probably relate to some of what I'm saying. Damn, I really do wish I could vent more here. It's my freakin blog... I wish I could say all I wanted to say. Maybe you're asking me, well why don't you then? Well, even I have limits, or a conscience. If I really vented here, the way I do to close friends, I would feel a bit guilty, even if what I was saying was true.

Trust me when I'm venting, its pretty damn funny... being part amusing, part super super feisty, and part downright scary. Hmmm... maybe I need to create a level 1 alt and go troll the server forums or something. :)

4 comments:

  1. Check out /rage.

    http://slashrage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason you started this blog I just found it last week, and have loved reading your posts. It has inspired me to make a blog of my own for some reason I don't know. Having no idea why I want to do something is normal for me though. Thanks for all the fun information ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nibuca: LOL that is a funny funny site

    @Sakaki: Welcome to the blogosphere! If I can do it, anyone can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of those anonymous bloggers. I kept my most active characters out of mention on my blog, and did so in case I needed to vent one day or use examples that people I knew would recognize. I've never used any information where I thought "thank God no one can trace me down", but maybe one day...

    At the same time, when reading other blogs, it makes the blog-persona more real or more personal and tangible if they are transparent, I think.
    So it's a dilemma for me.

    ReplyDelete