Wednesday, May 7, 2008

That birdie sure flies fast!

I plunked down the 5,000g for the quest chain for swift flight form back in January. Yes, January. I don't think we were quite ready for a heroic Set run until March or so... and by then we were running Kara. So I never bugged my guildies to run it with me. Well as Sethekk was the heroic daily yesterday, we finally went.

We had two wipes before we got Anzu down on the third try. I must say as the sole healer, it was a little tough to keep everyone up. Our softie mages Vel and Aksana - Jess' mage alt were getting quite a bit of damage by the birds Anzu summons, plus I was healing Wut, plus trying to keep HoTs on the three statues. The first time, I barely kept the statues up. I think the second time I was trying too much to keep the statues up. I know they help, but they won't do you much good if someone in your group dies. So the last time, I finally got the balance just right. If you are doing this boss, there are many sites online to help you, such as here. Make sure you create the macros to heal the bird statues.

After I turned in the quest, I was flying around in Zanga a bit... it was very very odd and sort of made me a bit queasy to fly around so fast. I swooped down to pick an herb, and totally flew past it and crashed into the water. Oops! It will definitely take some getting used to.

4 comments:

  1. Woo! Gratz on your super-birdy! Yes, it does take some getting used to, but you'll be a pro before you know it. And when you swoop into a building and pop out of form, it's kinda fun to see your NE go flying into the back wall still at super-birdy speed. Or maybe that's just me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! Gratz!

    Don't worry, you'll get used ta it. I totally did. And now that the dworc is gimping along on a 60% mount, I misses it very, very much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sWeeT! I just started putting away for it recently and everytime someone zips past me it makes me want it MORE! Gratz!

    ReplyDelete